Film Screening with Q&A: ‘Atomic Bamboozle: The False Promise of a Nuclear Renaissance’
June 7 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm PDT
“Atomic Bamboozle: The False Promise of a Nuclear Renaissance” examines the campaign to shut down the Trojan nuclear power plant in Oregon, as a new initiative is launched to bring nuclear power back to the Pacific Northwest.
Directed by Jan Haaken, the documentary exposes the true costs of small modular nuclear reactors.
Screening with Special Guest, Joshua Frank, author of Atomic Days: The Untold Story of the Most Toxic Place in America
Also showing with “PORTRAIT 2: TROJAN”, a meditative short film by Portland-based artist and filmmaker Vanessa Renwick
Film showing at 7-9 p.m.
Informational tables at 6:30 p.m.
Q&A following the film
$15 general admission, discounted tickets for students at the door
TICKETS available in advance or at the door
● Cathryn Chudy, board director, Oregon Conservancy Foundation
● Jan Haaken, “Atomic Bamboozle” director
● Desiree Hellegers, professor of English and director of Collective for Social and
Environmental Justice at Washington State University Vancouver
● Lloyd Marbet, executive director of Oregon Conservancy Foundation
● Dan Meek, public interest attorney in Portland
● Moderated by Dr. Patricia Kullberg, Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility
For more visit: Atomic Bamboozle website