The Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) of PSR is a new initiative designed to unite students and early-career health activists in advocating for issues critical to patients and communities. The ELC will be open to students, trainees, and those in their first 5 years of practice in medicine, nursing, public health, and other allied professions.
Why join? Membership in the ELC is free, and will allow you to take part in ELC activities that are tailored to meet the needs and interests of busy young professionals:
- Networking and mentorship opportunities with other activists, PSR chapters, PSR board members
- PSR action alerts and email communications to stay up-to-date on advocacy opportunities in PSR key issues
- Participation in ELC national committee calls several times per year
- Participation in online advocacy training
- Opportunities to get more involved in PSR leadership roles: student and young professionals elected to serve on the PSR national board and the national committees
- Opportunity to become a Climate Ambassador
Physicians for Social Responsibility Emerging Leaders Council
Student PSR Chapter Leaders’ Guide
Tips and resources for SPSR chapter leaders, including starting and developing your chapter, organizing activities, and getting involved in nuclear weapons abolition and environmental health activism.
Social Media Guide
Basic Instructions for PSR Chapters How to create, use, and maintain social media sites to promote your message to the public.
Tips for Writing a Successful Letter to the Editor
PSR’s simple guide to writing a letter to the editor (LTE) and getting it published.
Nuclear Weapons Abolition Advocacy Training Series
The PSR Nuclear Weapons Abolition program developed this advocacy toolkit, offering information on effective advocacy, using social media, and pitching op-eds and letters to the editor.
Building Electrification, Climate, and Health: An Advocacy Toolkit
A toolkit of resources on building electrification, featuring materials created by PSR chapters.